Hey friends! For the month of October I’m going to jump in to a fun link up that’s going on by sharing 31 Days to Becoming a Joyful Wife and Mother. I’m SO excited about this! For the past few years several of the ‘famous’ bloggers have done a 31 days series in the month of October and I always love what they have to share. This year they’re giving all of us ‘little’ bloggers the chance to join in too with our own 31 Days series! Yay, so fun!
Let me start this series by saying that I wasn’t always a joyful wife and mother. There were many years when my daughters were young that I was impatient, frazzled and not enjoying my place in life very much. Don’t get me wrong, I have loved my daughters and husband DEARLY from the start … but I wasn’t loving and serving them with JOY for a long time.
This month I hope to share some things I have learned in my quest for being joyful. I am NO expert and I’m thankful that the Lord continues to work on me every day. But I hope to inspire you to find joy in your role as wife and mom.
This month I will share a lot about the perspective of time. For today, I want to share with you these two photos … the first one is of my girls from 4 years ago, the second one was taken last week. It amazes me how FAST time is going!
Today’s Challenge is this:
Take some time today to go back through old photos of your kids. If you can, go back and look through their baby books too. Spend a few minutes reflecting on the passage of time and how you feel about the kind of Mom you’ve been in the past few years. Do you feel like you’ve been a joyful Mom? Do you have regrets? What would you change {if anything} about the way you’ve been living? Don’t let this time of reflection get you down in the dumps, instead, if you have regrets about the past few years purpose in your heart today that you will begin to seek JOY starting today.
I’ll see ya tomorrow!
{I wish I had a cool and fancy button for you guys but honestly I’m a little technologically challenged! This is the best I’ve got!}
3 comments:
I feel like I am at the end of this stage (with the mom side), but I know that I still have lots to learn. Looking forward to this series!
oh my gosh i love their sweet little faces in the first photo! looking forward to what you have to say!
Oh, I need this! I'm so guilty of getting caught up in all that each day brings that I often let little things ruin it for me. I have to often stop and ask myself: "Is this really a big deal in the grand scheme of things?"
Looking forward to this series!
Post a Comment