Tuesday, October 11, 2011

{Day 11} On the not-so-sunny days

IMG_1454-1

It goes without saying that life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes I start to think things are finally starting to smooth out and then BAM! some sort of crisis type situation always seems to happen. It could be something with a friend or family member, or it could be directly related to my own little family – but without fail there are not-so-sunny days in every person’s life.

There is SO much I could say about this, but what I really want to get across is that we can choose to allow those not so sunny days to drive our marriages apart – or we can choose to allow those days to bring us closer together. When crisis strikes, no matter how small or big, we need to remain as one with our spouse. Taking the time to pray together over the situation, communicating even more than normal and just being extra patient and understanding of each other can all help a lot when going through crisis times.

I want to share a fun little song from Josh Wilson. I went to an amazing concert last night with Steven Curtis Chapman, Andrew Peterson and Josh Wilson {I will post about that soon}, but anyhow, he played this song and I just LOVED it! He and his wife have only been married 2 yrs and he wrote this after the first year of marriage. But especially for those of us who’ve been married a lot longer than that, I just thought it was super cute and applicable.

 

Today’s Challenge: Choose to “love him always, even on the not so sunny days.” Not too complicated, right? I hope you like the song as much as I did. ;)

{{Sorry, I’m keeping it pretty short and sweet tonight, just not feeling too good right now so I’ll write more tomorrow. Thanks for understanding!}}

No comments: