OK friends, I know I’ve been SUPER wordy on here lately with my 31 days posts, so today I’m giving you a break and sharing a bunch of pictures from our week.
On Monday since it was a holiday and GORGEOUS outside, we went with some friends to a Corn Maze, it was great but WAY too crowded ~ note to self ~ do not attempt the corn maze on a holiday again!
I have been trying to be intentional about getting IN the pictures more lately … but we got home from the maze and I realized I wasn’t in any of them, so I made hubby snap a picture of the girls and I. See, I WAS there that day!
When we got home I took Hope to soccer practice where I walked with my friend for an hour while the kids practiced. Bob took Joy to swimming, then we all came home for supper time. After supper Bob and I tackled cleaning the nasty garage until about 9pm.
On Tuesday the girls wrote poems after learning about Edgar Allen Poe, then they read them aloud for us. I was impressed!
Lately my daily plan is written on our white board, it helps us ALL know what’s next and what to expect for the day.
I’ve added a few fall touches around the house …
We spent a lovely afternoon outside on Tuesday, I decided to take my camera around the yard and find some beauty, don’t want to miss it before it’s all gone and winter is here with it’s blah colors and cold temps!
The girls made up scavenger hunts for each other and then had to come back and show what they had found.
Enjoying my new swing while the girls play. Again, trying to be IN the pictures more.
I changed my mantel for fall, sorry about the picture quality. I realized pretty much all my fall decor is pumpkin related – which I don’t necessarily love, but I will be content and know that there are women in homes all over the world who have no mantel or fall decor at all. So I’m thankful for what I have and managed to arrange it so it looks okay. I also sewed some new pillow covers for my living room pillows to bring them out of the cool summer look and into the warm fall look. Again, grateful for the fabric and means to do this kind of thing.
We had Spicy Chicken soup again – this is my new fave soup recipe! We had it with Jiffy corn muffins, I am ALL about semi homemade around here!
My morning reads lately …
A Wednesday plan – the girls sometimes spend the afternoon with my in laws. They do an art lesson with my Father in law. Then they go to Praise Kids and Awana at church. I had the afternoon to myself and went for a run for the first time in ages and I’m pretty sure my muscles are STILL sore, 3 days later! I also sat and watched DWTS, just enjoying the peace and quiet.
The girls are doing wonderful with Total Language Plus this year! Each day they have several ‘tasks’ they must complete that are all related to Language Arts. I decided to make them into lists and have them laminated so the girls could use white board markers on them each day to cross off their tasks as they finished them. So far it’s working wonderfully!
On Thursday we visited with our dear friends who are moving all the way to Kentucky! It was our last visit with them and so sad. I’m just thankful they still have family in the area so we know they’ll be back to visit.
On Friday I did a DEEP cleaning …and uh, I was GROSSED out to discover just how much dust and grime was on my curtain rods, framed pictures, window frames, curtains, etc. It took me a long time to clean just the kitchen and dining room. I think I need to make a plan so every month I tackle at least a room or two. It was seriously nasty and I really don’t want it to get that bad again!
On Friday night we made homemade pizzas, watched The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and then made cookies and homemade ice cream. It was a fun and relaxing night.
All in all it was a fun and busy week. =) How was YOUR week?
2 comments:
I've heard so many bloggers talk about "Jesus Calling" - are you enjoying it?
Loved this post! Getting back into checking my favorite blogs! Yours IS MY FAVORITE!!!!! I agree I hate dusting curtain rods! That and fan blades : (
Post a Comment