Saturday, October 8, 2011

{Day 8} Just Do It

IMG_1454-1

Hey friends! Today I’m gonna make this short and sweet – partly because it’s 10:30pm on Friday night and I’m simply exhausted from a busy week – and partly because this is a topic that really needs little discussion.

In fact, I’m going to jump straight into your challenge for today:

Intimacy {in marriage} is a WONDERFUL thing that God created for our pleasure. It’s vitally important that you make time for it. I know it’s hard, we’re all tired and worn out. But it needs to be a priority because God wired men to need it and being a Godly wife means you need to provide it!

If you think you aren’t really in the mood, just pretend a little and I can almost guarantee that once you get into it you WILL be in the mood. :) I read somewhere that you should aim for at least twice per week – one day that you choose and one that your spouse chooses. I’ve also heard of couples who literally schedule it for certain nights because if they didn’t their busy life would get in the way. Any way you need to make it happen is fine, but take a hint from NIKE and Just Do It!

OK, this seems really weird to talk about so openly so I’m gonna leave it at that.

If you’d like to see what all the other 31 dayers are writing about just click here.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think this topic needs LOTS of discussion! But it's a tough one because we don't want to cross the lines of what's appropriate. It is something that I think many woman of young kids put off but I learned some things recently that have totally changed my way of thinking.

First off, being intimate with our husbands, is the ONLY thing we do with him that we don't do with anyone else. It sets our relationship apart. It is so special and needs to be nurtured and prioritized!

Moms of young kids think that when the kids are older, timing will be easier, more spontaneous, but au contraire... older kids will know what's going on more than toddlers. More sneaking around will be necessary! So enjoy the freedom of oblivious little ones whiles it lasts.

And lastly, men's physical need for release can be comparable to nursing moms who are engorged. It is impossible to think of much else. When another baby cries, we react. So women can be more sympathetic to men when they express the need to be intimate. Yes it is a physical thing and an emotional thing for them. And they can't just turn off because we aren't in the mood. Think of the frustration a nursing mom feels when the baby won't latch on! I thought this comparison was enlightening to me!!!

I really enjoy this series Kathy!!!!

Stacey Pittsinger said...

Mary...I love your analogy of the nursing mother. I'll need to remember it.
Kathy...I agree with you...fake it until you feel like it works about 99% of the time.