A big thank you to all of you who shared about what makes you joyful! The winner of the notebook is MARIA! Maria is a local friend who I've gotten to know well through church. We first attended a Bible study together last spring, then got to do some fun scrapbook nights over the summer and she is also my girl's Sunday School teacher! Woohooo Maria! Congrats!
I also wanted to share what she said about JOY because I think it was awesome, so here you go:
Maria said...
This is so awesome that you have this blog. I look forward to reading it more.
Since you bought the subject up about what brings you joy I have thinking a lot about it. I am not a mom or wife so I will tell you what brings joy to me.
I find joy in the every day things. As you know I am a nanny. I found joy this morning as I was laying on the floor in the kitchen (don't ask) and having a 5 year sitting on the counter laughing. Waking them up in the morning knowing that our favorite thing to do is to be tickled awake. The joy of a beautiful fall day and thankful I am alive to see it. Holding hands with someone and feeling peace finally, even if it is short time knowing that you will be thankful for that little time with them. I have found joy in realizing that even though the last few months have been a struggle that I am doing the will of my Father in heaven and that He has placed me here for a reason. I have this quote on my facebook wall by C.S. Lewis "Joy is the serious business of heaven" Doesn't that just sum it all up?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Maria and congratulations! And thanks again to all who entered and shared what brings them joy! =) Have a blessed Saturday friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment