Tuesday, October 25, 2011

{Day 25} Laughter

{Again with no picture, what's going on with blogger lately?!} =)

Proverbs 15:13
A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.



You’ve heard it said that laughter is good medicine and it’s really true. Laughter can be as cleansing as tears at times.

You know those times when you’re not sure whether you want to laugh or cry … when you’re totally overwhelmed as a Mom and nothing is going your way and you just feel like you’re at the end of your rope? LAUGH. I promise it will feel good, ease the tension and be cleansing.

There were times when I would have screamed. When someone spilled the milk or something silly like that and I would have reacted by yelling. Crazy, isn’t it? I mean who would tell at a child over spilled milk? But I have learned that it’s so much better for everyone involved to just shake it off and laugh. Children can be SO sensitive to what we think of them and how we react to them. When we respond in anger or frustration they take it to heart and worry that we don’t love them enough or they aren’t good enough. When we respond positively they see that we love them MORE than the glass that was broken.

Laughing with your family is simple, cheap fun. It won’t cost anything to start a tickle fight, tell silly jokes, have a contest for who can make the silliest face. We also love watching America’s Funniest Videos together – that show is SURE to bring about laughter!

Today’s Challenge: Laugh with your family today. Our world is so serious with so many demands placed on us and on our kids. Kids are expected to sit still in school, pay attention, behave, etc. So when they come home give them a little slack, allow them to cut loose a little and just laugh. Watch a silly movie together, run outside and jump in leaf piles together, tell everyone to come to dinner with a silly outfit on – the possibilities are endless. Just smile and laugh today. Don't ya think our world would be a much brighter place if more people just SMILED more? I do! =)

No comments: