Tonight we wanted to have a meal that just says fall and comfort food to me. So I'd like to introduce you to Melt in your mouth pot roast ... and I promise this is literally a no fail recipe!
{image credit: wegmans.com}
Buy a Chuck Roast ... MAKE SURE you get one that says Chuck Roast! For years I bought other, more expensive cuts of meat but they always came out so dry. This cut of meat is CRUCIAL in the taste!
I bought a 3 lb roast and there are 4 people in my family. We had enough for dinner with a little leftover for later. You can use a larger roast if you need to.
Put your chuck roast in a crock pot {I even put mine in totally frozen this morning because I forget to take it out of the freezer and it still turned out perfect.}
Add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup,
1 Package of dry onion soup mix,
And 1 and 1/4 cups of water.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
The meat comes out SO tender you don't even need a knife.
We serve this with a side of roasted potatoes and carrots and some fresh, hot biscuits. There was PLENTY of yummy 'gravy' left in the crock pot to use over your potatoes and biscuits if you like. Sorry I didn't get a picture, we all ate it up so fast I forget to take one!
And there you have it! Simple and delicious! Hope you enjoy this, be sure to let me know if you decide to give it a try.
{Many thanks to my sis in law who introduced me to this recipe last year.}

1 comment:
Making this for dinner tonight. Can't wait. I LOVE a tender chuck roast.
Post a Comment