Monday, October 8, 2012

The BEST Pumpkin Bread ... Bless your neighbors!

 
Happy Columbus Day to my American family and friends and Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian family and friends!!
 
Ahhhh ... fall, pumpkins, cool breezes, bright orange colors ... I love it ALL! And I love how these beauties can so simply be made into a yummy and lovely treat to enjoy and share with others.
 
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
 
 
A 15 or 16 oz can of pumpkin {I bought the big can because I made a double recipe}
3 cups of sugar
1 cup oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
3 & 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
 
*Optional* add in chocolate chips or nuts if you choose
 
This makes 2 large loaves {9x5} or 5 Mini loaves. I have also made it in a bundt pan {plus 2 mini loaves as it doesn't all fit in the bundt pan}.
 
Grease and flour the pans, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl blend the first 5 ingredients. Beat 1 min at medium speed.
Add remaining ingredients, blend at a low speed until moistened. Beat 1 min at medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake at 350 deg for 60-75 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pans. Mini loaves may take a little less time so be sure to check it around 55 minutes.
 
 In this picture it was served with homemade pumpkin caramel butter ... I do believe there is no such thing as pumpkin overload! LOL
 
And, usually when I bake, I like to bake for a reason ... not just for our family, but also as a way to bless others. So many times I'll make the mini loaves so we can enjoy some and then we'll share some loaves with our neighbors too.
 
 
ENJOY!!
 
 

1 comment:

Mary said...

I recognized your little package on WLW! :o)