Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Faves 10/26

Whooooiee! This week has been CRAZY for me! Between working every morning, several school appointments or functions, church things, half days, and everything else I feel like I can officially say T.G.I.F!!!
My running shoes got a lot of miles this week {and not from exercising!} simply from running back and forth to so many things. And my car got a good workout too! Why do so many things have to be in different towns??
Anyway, in the midst of crazy week I tried really hard to see the beauty in the little things …. so here we go with Friday Faves for the week.
1. I went to a student/parent/teacher conference at Hope’s school on Monday. Her teacher had such wonderful things to say about her! I felt so good knowing that she is doing so well and has transitioned so easily from homeschool to public school. We celebrated afterwards … she chose ice cream, I chose a Salted Caramel Mocha – YUM!
IMG_8334
2. Even though I DREAD getting up at 6am and especially when it’s still dark out, I have been really enjoying the beautiful sunrises this week. Trust me when I say that the picture does not do it justice … the sky has been filled with pink, orange and purple colors each day. What an AWESOME God we have!
IMG_8339
3. The trees in my back yard are changing! Can you see how many leaves have yet to fall … then look at the ground and how it’s already covered in a BLANKET of leaves! I just love all the colors … and yes, we will need to get busy raking soon!
IMG_8341 IMG_8343
4. There was a time when handprints on the window {or mirror} would have made me shout at my kids … but now, I cherish it … all too soon the time will come where the handprints are gone.
IMG_8344
5. I will admit I made this little treat a couple days this week … coffee with Pecan Praline creamer, whipped cream and caramel drizzle …. mmmmmmmm.
 IMG_8345
6. Friday morning pancakes … just because … my girls were very happy. =)
IMG_8346

Hope you have a great weekend … we have company coming over tonight, a race in the morning, a soccer game after that, a birthday party in the afternoon … and then we will be RELAXING! =)
friday favorite things | finding joy

1 comment:

Jenni said...

It looks to me like you really noticed the world around you this week. Beautiful! The Lord gives and waits for us to notice sometimes, don't you think? I don't always take notice, but your post has inspired me to look a little harder today. Joy! ~Jenni

I hopped over from Finding Joy. =)