Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Checkin' things off my list

We have been so busy lately! But today, a gift ... a rare day at home. Yay! SO thankful for these types of days ... especially as it's POURING outside and quite chilly too!

Now that my girls are in school every day I have been slowly trying to tackle little projects around my house. There are so many 'little' things that just don't get done when life is busy. Things like washing windows and windowsills, clearing cobwebs out of the corners in the basement, scrubbing down dirty doors and walls, etc.

Today was a good day to tackle a few things.

* started the day by making homemade applesauce ... it cooks in the crock pot all day, so it was a good day to do it. I have to say I am LOVING the way my house smells today!

* got the whole upstairs cleaned ... in my house the 'upstairs' is our main level so that means the kitchen, dining room, living room, bedrooms and bathroom


* yep ... even cleaned the bathroom! {ugh, why do I put that off so much, I dread cleaning the bathroom!}

* washed all the jars and lids that will be used for applesauce

* changed out the sheets on all the beds

* painted some shelves for my soon-to-be craft area

* painted a table for that same area

* ran several loads of laundry {including folding and putting away!}

* cleaned some of those cobwebs I spoke of!

* wiped down some of the walls and baseboards in the basement {I still have a lot more to go, but a little bit at a time certainly helps!}

* got all my stuff packed and ready for a fun scrapbook weekend with my girlfriends! {super excited about that!}

I'd say it was a highly successful day! =)

1 comment:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

holy smokes! yeah, i'd say so! lol