Now that we’re home from our vacation I am SO ready for fall! I went on a field trip with my daughter’s class today and we took a school bus for about a 45 minute ride. The colors of the trees all around the state were simply GORGEOUS! I LOVE fall!!!
Anyway, this year we are on a tight budget and I wanted to do some fall decor on the cheap, if ya know what I mean! So I pulled out the stuff I already had and came up with a few things.
Today, I’m sharing one of my simple {cheap!} wreaths. Take a basic wreath {mine was a grapevine wreath that I got at a yard sale for 25 cents!} … wrap strips of burlap around it using hot glue to secure it in several spots. Then add some silk florals and leaves with the hot glue gun.
{please excuse my dirty kitchen door that needs to be repainted!}
Total cost: Hard to say. The wreath was a quarter, I’ve had the floral stems for a while but let’s just say they were a buck or two when they were new. And the burlap I bought for $2.99 a yard and used probably less than a quarter of a yard on this.
Coming soon … pictures of the rest of my simple, cheap fall decorating. =)
1 comment:
Very lovely wreath! {My door needs painted as well!}
Post a Comment