Saturday, October 6, 2012

Missin' My Daddy

My Dad died almost 9 years ago. This week is the week that he was diagnosed with Leukemia. I'm not sure if it was a subconscious thing or what but I had the most vivid dream the other night.

I dreamt we were walking somewhere in a very crowded place and I saw him. I was so shocked to see him and just stood there for a few seconds staring at him. Then when I realized it was really him I just ran to him and clung to him just bawling. He asked me what was wrong and I said 'I just miss you SO much!'

I woke up bawling. It felt so real. I got out of bed, went into the dark living room and just sat there crying for about a half hour. Sometimes it's so good for me to let myself have a good long cleansing cry.

Later that day I thought about it ... maybe it was a little glimpse of the day we will be reunited in heaven ... except there won't be ANY tears then! So thankful for the HOPE I have through Christ that assures me I will see my Daddy again some day.

Revelation 21:4
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

2 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I'm so sorry you don't have your dad here on earth to share things with. :( But thankful you have heaven to share with him someday!

Mary said...

Just reading this now. Wish I saw it earlier to give you a hug! It sounded like he was loved a lot!