I always have multiple books going at any given time. I love to read and find that I grow so much as a person through reading a variety of books. Right now I have a HUGE list of books that I want to read this year. Most of them I already own and it's simply a matter of making time to read them. Typically I read the Bible and my devotional type books when I first wake up, then some other type of personal growth books in the mid-afternoon {if I have time}, then my fiction stuff at night right before bed. I like to read the 'easy' stuff at bedtime because it relaxes me and I don't have to think too hard about what I'm reading!
So, without further ado - this is my list of books that I hope to read this year. A lot of them are personal growth books, which are the ones that always seem to take me the longest to get through - so this is definitely a lofty goal but I hope to get through as many as possible. I'm sure I will also add a WHOLE LOT more fiction books to this list - I tend to just read whatever comes my way by recommendation from others. Or if my fave authors come out with something new then I tend to pick those up too. Books in red are ones I'm currently working on.
OK, here goes:
Journal / Quiet time type books
1. The Yada Yada Prayer group journal by Neta Jackson (currently reading/using)
2. The Power of a Positive Woman devo and journal by Karol Ladd (started last year and never finished)
3. 31 days of prayer for my child by Susan Alexander Yates (have been thru it a couple times already but love to re-read)
4. Yada Yada devotional journal for Moms by Vicki Courtney (different author, similar concept)
5. Quiet places by Jane Rubietta
For personal growth
1. Discover your spiritual gifts by C. Peter Wagner
2. Growing strong daughters by Lisa Graham McMinn
3. Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges (started last year, never finished)
4. The Ultimate Makeover - becoming spiritually beautiful in Christ by Sharon Jaynes
5. Captivating and Captivating study guide by John and Stasi Eldredge
6. The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges
7. Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald
8. Taking Care of the Me in Mommy by Lisa Welchel (almost done)
9. Crazy love by Francis Chan
For my marriage
1. The Power of a praying wife by Stormie Omartian (currently reading)
2. The Joy of a Promise Kept by various wives of Christian leaders
3. The Love Dare by Steven and Alex Kendrick
For fun
1. Who do I talk to by Neta Jackson (currently reading)
2. Same Kind of Different as Me
3. A thousand tomorrows by Karen Kingsbury
4. The follow up to Twilight - I'll be honest, I don't even know which one comes 2nd! by Stephanie Meyer
I KNOW a lot more will be added to this category!
Stuff I want to read first, then share with my girls
1. The young women of faith series including; The Creativity book, the Body book, the walk the walk book, the beauty book, etc ...
3 comments:
Fireproof is so worth it. I definitely recommend taking the time to complete each day's challenge - when I did it last year I was amazed at how much I changed as a wife. So so good :)
I've also decided to take the Love Dare this year http://mindfulofus.blogspot.com/2009/12/preview-love.html
Hi Kathy! Wow!, you have a big list of books to read this year. One of my goals is to read more and the Yada Yada series looks like something I may want to start reading. I would like something that is postive and motivational. Happy New Year!
Bonnie
Post a Comment