We've been trying to plan our menu lately and have all the ingredients on hand. And I've also been trying some new recipes and loving several of them. Here is a relatively low fat dessert one that we've used this week - I'll be posting more in the coming weeks. PS. You could make this healthier with a whole wheat pita, less sugar and fat free cool whip.
Apple Pie Pita Pocket {say that 5x fast!}
1 apple - peeled, cored, sliced thin
1 pita pocket
spray butter
brown sugar
cinnamon
raisins / nuts - optional
whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Slice your pita open on one side. Mix your apple, sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Add as much or as little brown sugar and cinnamon as you wish. I found that a TBSP of br. sugar and a small dash of cinnamon worked well. Add some raisins or nuts if you desire. Stuff the apple mixture into the pita pocket. Lightly spray both bottom and top of pita with spray butter. Wrap the whole thing up in some aluminum foil. Bake for about 20 min - depending on how soft you like your apples. I like mine very soft so I left it in about 30 min. Serve warm with cool whip or ice cream on top. Yum!
1 comment:
Sounds yummy Kathy. I love apple desserts!
Post a Comment