Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring is coming!

And you have NO idea how happy that makes me! The past 3 days have been absolutely gorgeous, I'm talkin' put on jeans, a t-shirt and flip flops gorgeous! Being that is my all time favorite 'uniform' of choice I am ONE.HAPPY.GIRL.

Last week we went to the park for the first time in months ... it was super windy but the sunshine was wonderful.




I've had open windows a LOT lately ... ahhhhhh, even the pup is loving it!


Last week at the grocery store I bought myself a couple little plants for my kitchen ... I just needed a little bright, cheerful color in the house and these were perfect choices. The little shamrock plant is growing like crazy and the Iris bloomed within just a couple of days. {Hoping I can plant them?}




Spring has me in a spring cleaning and CLEAN OUT mood. I may have said this in the past but in summer I just want to relax, enjoy and have fun - so in spring I work my butt off to clean out, do projects and get my house in order again.

I worked on youngest daughter's room the other day and cleared out SO.MUCH.STUFF. Do your little girls have ten thousand buckets, baskets, boxes and such? This girl had every size and sort that you can imagine and of course every one was filled with ALL sorts of little toys, trinkets and treasures that she just HAD to keep. My oh my, it was a LONG day cleaning that room out but it's SO much nicer now.
*My trick for taking on a task like this is to do it ALONE and not allow the kids to see all the 'junk' that I throw away or give away. Trust me when I say that she will NOT miss the stuff and will not even notice what is gone!*



Some of my little flowers are even blooming outside! I think this is the earliest I can remember seeing stuff bloom.



And look ... more green pushing through the earth ... yay for spring flowers!



Today was one of those days that you can NEVER anticipate. Today was supposed to be the first day of Ladies Bible study, remember the one that I said I was asked to co-lead? I was truly excited and spent lots of time preparing for it and making sure the girls and I had everything ready for the morning. I went to bed early and everything ... well in the middle of the night we were woken up by my daughter throwing up. UGH ... my first thought was 'what about Bible study? What about MY plans for the day?' -- but then I remembered that God doesn't make mistakes. He knew how my day would go. He planned it all perfectly. I was reminded of that verse that says something about how we can plan our day but the Lord directs our steps. {can't find the exact verse or reference right now!}

Anyhow, now we've been given the gift of a sloooow day at home. Which means the girls will relax and I will get some house stuff done. Sort of a blessing in disguise. Oh and of course I'm hoping for a nap since I've been up since 4:45 which is SO not my wake up time!


And we're praying that no one else gets sick and this little one is all better real soon ... thank goodness for popsicles and Powerade today {and open windows to air out germs}.

So yeah ... Happy Spring ... it's on it's way and I'm super duper glad about it. Have a good Wednesday friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving the weather here too! I need all the sunshine I can get to help keep my mind in a happy place.

Yes....the trinkets and such sure do accumulate in the kids rooms. I too do it when they aren't around...so much easier.

Hoping you "little" feels better soon...never fun!