Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sisters & Friends

I'm not very good at keeping track of the everyday moments that make me smile. So today you're getting a totally random post that is more for my memories than anything else. ;)

My daughters can be each other's worst enemy and best friend, all in the same day it seems.

Yesterday when my youngest had the pukey bug the oldest was trying to find things to do to keep herself amused without her playmate. She actually did a pretty good job - going outside to rollerblade and doing some painting on the porch - but I could tell she was also a little lost without someone to talk to/play with.

Today the youngest has made a 100% turnaround and is back to her usual, bubbly, chatty self. I told her she needed to take a bath or shower today so she chose bath {a rare treat around here and she LOVES to play in the water FORever}.

So with one in the bath, the other was again left without anyone to play with. So what did my clever girl decide to do? Pull out the foot spa, take it in the bathroom where her sister is, and soak her feet! I can hear the two of them in there right now just jabbering away to each other.

I'm so thankful for my two girls. I never had a sister when I was growing up and I'm glad my girls do. Even though their personalities are different and they sometimes get on each other's nerves, they also have a lot of fun together.

No comments: