Monday, May 3, 2010

Update on our Pup

Our little Gracie girl has been growing by leaps and bounds! I thought I'd give an update on how things are going with her.

She is finally settling in to life in our family. The past few weeks she has gotten so much better about several things. She still has the occasional accident in the house, but it's a lot less often. She's finally getting the hang of going outside to pee/poop. Yay!

She sleeps wonderfully at night now. We have her crate in our room and she does so well in it. She IS an early riser though - which means I am now an early riser, whether I like it or not!

In the morning she is raring to go ... she's so hyper and wild and crazy when she first wakes up. I have learned that if I want to have my coffee in peace, I need to provide her with a nice large rawhide bone to keep her busy.

She does some of the funniest things ... for one thing, she LOVES to climb into the bathtub. If you are ever looking around the house and can't find her - look in the tub! She's always going in there. She likes to lick the drops of water from the bottom of the tub! Crazy puppy!
She's still a puppy, so she loves to sleep. She loves sleeping in the sunny spots on the kitchen floor.
She does not like being cooped up in the fence when we are outside the fence - she wants to be with us at all times and will sit at the fence and whine for us!
She loves her big 'sis' Casey ... she loves to rough house with her, chase her, tease her and will always find a spot to lay down right next to her.
And sometimes they BOTH stare at us through the fence!
And then she gets tired and lets out a huge yawn ....
In the evening she turns in to a totally different puppy ... her babyish ways come out and she is sooooo sleepy and snuggly. She just lays around and sleeps all evening. It's like she's lost all of her steam for the day! hahaha... {and again, she lays down as close as she can get to Casey!}
She sure is a cutie ... she gets into a lot of trouble, chewing stuff, getting into the trash, etc ... but her cute little puppy face redeems her every time!
She thinks I'm her Mama .... she follows me everywhere and when I go in a room and shut her out she sits outside the door and whines for me. Most of the time I don't mind though ... she's a great snuggler and a real sweetheart.
We are very thankful to have Gracie in our family!

No comments: