Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh those Mondays ...

they'll getcha every time!

We had a glorious weekend here. Family time, a BBQ at a friend's, two campfires, glorious weather, some yard work, a great day trip with some friends ... it was absolutely wonderful!

But then comes Monday. Oh those Mondays! My house is a mess, the kids need to be schooled, I need to exercise, my diet seems to be failing me .... aaahhhhhh, I just want to let out a huge scream!

I raced around the house all morning ... cleaning, laundry, cleaning, floors, cleaning, dishes ... on and on I went. I think my hubby wondered what all the frenzy was about!

Then I finally sat down for a couple minutes to take a breath and have a cool drink and checked my email/facebook. Two things were such a blessing and an encouragement to me so I knew I needed to share them.

This quote:
"Heavenly Father, I confess to you that I carry too many burdens on my own shoulders. I forget to give them to you and go on. I get discouraged because I try to handle it myself. Remind me that this life is a process of growth-not an overnight success. Lift me up when it seems that my efforts are making little difference and I am feeling low." ~~ Prayer from One Hundred and One Devotions for Homeschool Moms by Jackie Wellwood. {note to self - buy this book ASAP!}

And this video:




I hope that in some small way these can be an encouragement to you today too!

1 comment:

Cole Franke said...

what a great prayer. I'm just at the beginning of stage of considering home schooling. My son will be 4 this year so we'll have to make a decision soon. Your blog is lovely. :)

nicole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/