Anyway, I've been feeling guilty that I don't do much with them on Saturdays so I decided we need to get out more and explore and do some fun things together.
So I found out about this FREE program they do at Lowe's call Build and Grow. It's for kids aged 6-12 I believe {sorry, can't remember the exact age range but I don't think they are too picky about it.} You sign up online, choose your local Lowe's store, and go there on a Saturday morning at 10am and build a project. They provided the kids with a FREE apron, goggles and all the materials needed to build the project. When the kids are done, they bring the project up and show the Lowe's employee and they are given a certificate of completion and a fabric badge that can be sewn on to their apron!
We have now gone two weeks in a row and the girls are hooked! They love hammering in the nails and seeing themselves complete a project. We now plan to sign up for as many as we can {as long as they fall on weekends when we're home}.
I heard that Home Depot does something similar, but we have not checked them out yet. Maybe the girls can do both! ha!
These pictures are from last week when they built a bird feeder, we plan to paint them, fill them and hang them outside. This week they built a cute little wooden schoolhouse with a roof that opens so you could store some little treasures in it.
1 comment:
My kids used to go to both Lowes and home depot with their grandparents to do these. They used to be once a month. We never signed them up online either - just showed up! Caleb was 3 and they never said he was too young. I was thinking about taking them yesterday but just don't have the gumption! Need to get the granparents doing it again ;)
Post a Comment