Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am so blessed!

I have been kissed by the sun each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughin'
Down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing
Just soakin' up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed


Across a crowded room
I know you know what I'm thinkin'
By the way I look at you
And when we're lying in the quiet
And no words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

When I'm...
When I'm singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me
I know

I am so blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed oh yes
i have been blessed, oh yeah yeah
(i have been blessed, i have been blessed
i have been blessed i have been blessed)
This is truly one of my favorite songs ... it's by Martina McBride and I have always listened to it and thought it was exactly how I feel about my own life. It's like Martina wrote it just for me. I am SO blessed. Sometimes I forget just how blessed I am. I get cranky or I wish I had more things, or I just fail to recognize just how very blessed I really am.

Then a day comes along that helps me to remember - a day like yesterday. My birthday. I have always loved my birthday, ever since I was a little girl. Even the year I turned 8 when we had to postpone my birthday party because I had the chicken pox. My birthday has a different 'feel' to it. Kind of like the way I feel on Sundays. Where it seems like the sun is just shining a little bit brighter and I just feel happy all over. It feels like you want to walk around town and shout "It's my BIRTHDAY!!" even though you know people would look at you like you were crazy.
Yesterday I was totally blown away by all the emails, phone calls and cards from so many caring people. It reminds me how lucky I am to have so many special family and friends in my life. I feel like I'm so spoiled too. I had 4 different birthday celebrations! 4!!! It's like I'm a kid all over again.
#1 Last week Bob, the girls and I went out for a birthday dinner.
#2 My scrapbook friends came over and we celebrated. (that was so much fun!)
#3 Dinner and dessert at Mom's house Tuesday night to celebrate both Mom's and My birthdays.
#4 Birthday lunch / pool party with my in laws yesterday.

Oh, and the girls and I also splurged on going to Friendly's last night. Bob was working and we didn't feel like cooking so we went to Friendly's. YUMMY! The girls were so excited to get big candy shop sundaes!

So thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who made me feel special and loved yesterday. It feels good to be celebrated, it feels like being a kid again!

I am so blessed ... and I feel like I've found my way ... I thank God for all I've been given, at the end of every day ... =)

4 comments:

Cass said...

Hey! Love the new look ... very summery! And very YOU!
So glad you had a special and spoiled birthday 'week'!!

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

Glad you had a great day!! I agree with Cass, your blog template is perfect for you! Love it!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

oh my goodness, it was so NOT you. i don't know this person in real life - and anyway, you've never done that to me, so why were you worried?! :)

i really, really love reading your blog - i don't know if i've said this before, but reading about all the fun you have with your precious daughters just makes me look forward to the future with so much excitement for my own kids! keep blogging away! :)

Mary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY!!! So glad yours was such a happy one. You deserve every moment!