Saturday, June 21, 2008

Our week in pictures

We have really been enjoying the summer so far. As I mentioned in some earlier posts I spent the beginning part of the week doing some projects inside and outside of the house. The latter part of our week was pure enjoyment!

The weather has been beautiful, a little cooler than I would expect but very enjoyable if you ask me. We've had lots of thunderstorms too but they're mostly at night giving us beautiful, sunny days. At night it's been a little cooler making it easy to keep our A/C turned off and enjoy the open windows and fresh air pouring in. I hope this lasts for awhile as I prefer that to blazing heat and a closed up - air conditioned house!!

Wednesday we had a quick but wonderful visit from Julie & Johnny and their youngest two girls ... it was so great to meet baby Cora for the first time, she sure is a cutie!

Johnny and the girls enjoyed the pool ... Ella was a bit tired at this point so she wasn't feelin' real smiley. We missed seeing Haylee, but can't wait to hopefully see her next month when we plan to visit them.
Thursday morning was a day for doing errands, then once again using and enjoying the pool. In the afternoon it clouded over so we headed in side where I was able to do quite a bit of sewing while the girls did some fun art projects - painting and clay!

On Friday my friends Caroline and Sandy were over with their 6 kids (3 each) and we enjoyed talking and having lunch while the kids swam and played.
(Morgun)(Mason, Morgun and Evan)
And today was another wonderful boating/beach day. We spend most weekends going out on Bob's parent's boat ... then lounging at the beach all day. It's so relaxing and we all enjoy it so much. Here are the tired Father and Daughter ... taking a quick beach snooze.
J really enjoyed some fresh cherries ... check out this cute cherry smile!
H enjoying the beach with Grandpa in the background. Bob was thrilled that he caught about 5 or 6 fish ... here are a few pictures ...
H reeled in the biggest one! YAY!!

1 comment: