Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home School Field Day

Last Friday we had a wonderful time participating in the home school field day. This is the Christian homeschoolers group that we belong to ... although it's sad to say I didn't get very involved yet this year ... but maybe next year!

Field day was great, the kids had a wonderful time making new friends as well as playing with some friends they already knew. The games were fun, the weather was gorgeous, it was an A+ day! (haha, little homeschool humor there!)

H is in the red/white stripes ...
J is in the all pink with stripes on the right ...

It was a blessing to see this little guy there ... this is Tyler the little boy who's Mama died unexpectedly about a month ago. I hadn't seen him since then, and wasn't sure if I would just burst into tears the moment I did see him ... but seeing his bright, sunny, smiling face just made me so thankful that he is doing OK. I'm sure his heart aches for his Mama all the time, but he is just such a sweet little boy.

Friday made me realize that I really WANT to homeschool again next year ... with our decision still looming I have been torn about what I really want to see happen. But being a part of a wonderful homeschool community made me think it would be really fun to have the experience of homeschooling again next year. So we'll see ... I am just so happy that we have the freedom and the opportunity to even consider it. We will wait on the Lord ...

No comments: