Friday, June 6, 2008

Last day of school

This year has been a whirlwind. I have truly and completely enjoyed homeschooling H and am SO thankful that we made the decision to give it a try. We've had some very rough days, days when I was ready to send her straight back to school ...but in the end it was all worth it.

I felt like I learned so much this year too. I re-learned many things that I learned in school as a child ... but even more than that I learned how to relate better to my kids, how to be a better Mom, how to teach and still have fun, and so many more things! I learned that it's more important to spend time together than it is to get the best grades and complete every last math problem. I learned that it's wonderful to have students who will climb up in your lap for snuggles. I learned that you can "do school" at any hour of the day - it doesn't have to be from 9-3. I learned that doing school in your pajamas is OK. I learned that kids have bad days too, days when the last thing they want to do is learn or do seatwork, and that's OK.

It's really been a wonderful year, one that I will always remember. Next year is STILL up in the air, but I'm trusting that the Lord has a plan which He will show us in due time.

Congratulations H, you have officially passed the first grade and are now ready to move on up to second grade! I LOVED teaching you sweet girl! You make Mama so proud.
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Mary said...

Aww that little note to Haley put a tear in my eye!