Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Big SQUISH!

Today I had my very first mammogram. I just turned 32 yesterday (more about that later) so I am still a bit young for this test. I had a little spot that was questionable to me and since I have a family history of breast cancer my DR thought it wise to have things checked out.

I have to say, it wasn't nearly as bad as all those horror stories you read. After all ladies, we survive pap smears, childbirth and c-sections so if you consider those - it doesn't even compare! It was a piece of cake compared to those things!

I won't lie and tell you that it doesn't hurt, but it's quick and simple and then you are done. So now I have to wait for results. The lady told me that she didn't see anything - which is a good thing - but I still have to wait for the official word from my DR. I was encouraged when she said she didn't see anything.

So, on to the waiting thing. I'm having a really hard time with the thought of waiting lately. I have been waiting for over two weeks to hear news about the funding we are hoping to get for the Christian school we want to send the girls to. I know, two weeks is nothing, but I keep wanting to plan our school year and keep finding all these great homeschool ideas and I just NEED TO KNOW!!

Those that know me know that I'm a planner, I am a list maker, I always plan things, I always want to organize and well I guess I just simply want to be in control! It's hard to give up control and know that it's not up to me. God is in control. He knows how the girls will be educated next year, He knows the results of my mammo, He knows everything! Why is it so hard for me to just give up control??!!

I keep coming back to this verse ... "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

This week my goal is to take that verse to heart. To stop worrying about the future, or waiting anxiously by the mailbox everyday, and simply learn to trust in God and wait on Him.

3 comments:

HopiQ said...

Hi there!

I love your new look...very you!

The Lord is teaching me to wait, too...wait on him, wait patiently, wait trustingly, wait expectantly, wait calmly. Fret not, fret not, fret not seems to be in most of the Psalms I'm reading! It is a constant choice to rest in Him. I'm glad I'm not alone in learning to wait.

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

I totally echo your thoughts on waiting. I have NO patience. It is something I am constantly battling with on a regular basis!

Mary said...

Great verse. I like it a lot! I think we all need a reminder like that. We shall wait and pray with you. ♥