Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Do you do it?
What motivates you?
What is involved in your spring cleaning routine?

This week we have {{finally}} been enjoying some nicer weather. It's been wonderful to be able to open up the windows, let some fresh air in, and start my spring cleaning routine.

I like to go room by room and really 'deep' clean each room. I get motivated by the fact that summer is coming, and I want to be able to enjoy a clean house for those long, lazy summer days.

So far I did the kitchen, the living room and today I'm working on my bedroom. On Thursday when we tackled the living room we decided to rip out the carpet that had been there for the last 6 years. It was nasty, stained and smelly and it was wonderful to get rid of it! The hardwood floors underneath look great, so we got an area rug and will leave it as hardwood.

Some of the things I try to do while deep cleaning are:
-Launder or air out curtains
-move furniture and clean under, behind and inside them (like all the crumbs in the couch!
-get rid of all the built up dust beneath furniture, in the back of closets and any other place it's been hiding
-go through drawers, cabinets and closets and clean out the junk, donate stuff, throw out stuff and re-organize it
-switch the clothes from winter to spring/summer - put winter stuff away in bins
-clean my windows/screens/windowsills
-touch up paint/baseboards/doors, etc
-scrub down walls in areas that sticky/dirty hands have touched them
-wash all bedding including bulky comforters that don't get washed often

Who would have thought that I'd enjoy cleaning this much?? Anyone else share this passion for spring cleaning?

2 comments:

HopiQ said...

Wow! You've been busy! Doesn't it feel good to get that done? I will be happy if I have time to attack a pile or two in the next week. :) I love an organized, tidy home.

Anonymous said...

yep, same here! I actually took a VAN load to the Salvation Army the other day!! We were saving it all for a yard sale, we changed our mind and decided to stop STORING the JUNK! The rest of our clean up has been because our house goes up for sale, but your list just about covers it!