Still, she was going to her friend Katie's house, and her other friend Mady was going too. The 3 of them were very excited to have this adventure together. So off she went. I will admit, I missed her ... it's hard to let your kids go. I trust my friend 100% with caring for my kids, but as I lay there trying to fall asleep that night I kept thinking ... I wish I could just go check on her in her bed.
Perhaps the cutest thing was how much J missed her sister. J was not upset about not going to sleep over, in fact we did lots of fun things together - me, Bob and J. It was great to have some time with just one child at a time. But she missed her big sister! She kept asking us if she could call H, or when H would be coming home ... it was neat to see that even though they fight so much, they really do love one another!
H ended up doing great. She had a great time and my friend said she was fine, and also well behaved (something every parent loves to hear!) And even though we missed her, I'm glad she could have this time of fun and for us all to learn that little by little we have to learn to let our kids go ... or maybe I should say, let them grow. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment