I have to take a few minutes to just brag about the girls and how well they did today. Let's start with the dentist. For some reason they have both been extremely fearful about the dentist. I'm not sure why, they have never had fillings, pain or any other negative experiences. And we go to a wonderful children's dentist. But still for some reason everything was a big deal. They would cry, fuss, whine, and sometimes not even open their mouth. It was always a really big drama that left me totally exhausted just to get their cleanings done.
So last time I had the brilliant idea to bribe them. I know, terrible parenting skills, but it seemed to work. Back in the fall when we went J did great and was able to win the prize that I had offered. H still cried, not a lot but a little and since I said 'no crying', she did not win the prize like J did. (I think this really had an impact on her since she's the older one!)
Today they were both scheduled to go in again. I asked Bob to come with me so we'd have one parent for each kid. I also decided once again to bribe them. The deal was - no crying, fussing or whining and you have to let the dentist do everything they need to do.
They both did AWESOME!!! Bob and I were stunned and so proud. They even had to do those awful bitewing xrays (even I hate those, I gag every time!) ... and they both did them great! They were troopers through the whole process and we were so pleased by how well they did. Leaving the office H said "when can we come back again?" and was disappointed when I said 'not for another 6 months'.
Next comes the swimming lessons. They both have always loved the water and swimming and have done pretty well. They usually take lessons each spring and then spend lots of time swimming in the summer. Bob and I are water people too and since we love to be in and around water we feel that it is crucial that the girls learn the proper techniques for safety. So today was another swimming lesson, and nothing major happened, but I just wanted to brag for a quick second about how well they are both doing. They are both the oldest child in each of their classes, so I'm sure that makes a difference. But they are both just doing awesome. We were watching from the side of the pool today and were amazed at how great they are doing and how quickly they are picking up on the strokes and techniques. Another proud moment!
I love my little girls! I am such a proud Mom (every day) but especially today! {{SIDE NOTE, THIS IS A FEW DAYS OLD, I TRIED TO POST THE OTHER DAY BUT IT WASN'T WORKING, SO THIS HAPPENED ON TUESDAY.}} AND NOW THAT I'M THINKING OF IT AND MISSED THANKFUL THURSDAY AGAIN I THINK THIS IS WHAT I'M SO THANKFUL FOR THIS WEEK!
No comments:
Post a Comment