So, I have already been asked by several people what our big news is. You know the big change for our family that I mentioned a couple of posts ago??
Well, now that I know more information for sure I feel better about sharing with all of you. Really, it's not THAT big of news, I hope you won't all be disappointed that it isn't something more noteworthy!!
Anyway, the day after Easter we went and visited this nice little Christian school which is right around the corner from our house. For the 7 years we've lived here it has been right around the corner, probably only a little over a mile away, but we had never been there to actually check it out. We'd heard that it was pricey and just sort of dismissed it as something we couldn't afford.
So we finally decided to check it out. And we loved it! It is small, only 88 kids from kindergarten to 8th grade. It is a nice facility and the staff were wonderful. We also got all the information we'd need about how much it would cost. And yes, it is expensive. At least for us with only Bob working full time.
So we decided to pray and see what happened. We weren't even sure that we wanted to send the kids there. We like homeschooling and might even continue to homeschool H ... but we wanted to pray and see what decisions we'd come up with in a month or two.
Well our answer came in 2 days!! We received news that we would be able to get financial aid that was enough to cover 3/4 of the yearly tuition! And for 1/2 day kindergarten it would be paid 100%. We were so excited! I truly couldn't believe that our answer came so quickly!!
So we are now sure that J will go for (at least) kindergarten, and are pretty sure H will stay home for homeschool for at least another year. For those of you that don't know, one of our biggest reasons for homeschooling her is that she would never get to see Bob (because of his work shift) if she were gone to school all day and he were gone by the time she got home. So we will probably keep her home for a while longer and see what happens. Maybe his shift will change sometime in the future ... maybe we will continue to homeschool for many years ... maybe we will just wait and trust that God alone knows the future and we have no need to worry about it right now!
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Matthew 6:34
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
2 comments:
So HAPPY for you ALL! How exciting! Erik and I are going though something alittle bit the same. We are happy the boys are going to Toll gate another year, but we are not sure after that what to do. *Reminder, turn it over to GOD!*
God will lead!
Post a Comment