Friday, April 18, 2008

April Vacation - day 5

Today started out well. My in laws were going to be taking the girls for the day, and I had a Dr's appt and some errands to run. We started out well. The girls were ready to go so they went outside to play while I finished brushing my teeth and getting myself ready.

Just as I grabbed my keys to go I heard this horrible screaming - the kind where you know it's not just a little argument between sisters - but rather something very serious has happened. I rush downstairs and out the backdoor to see H screaming and crying and her whole face was covered in dirt.

She had been swinging on the swingset, perhaps going just a little bit too high, and somehow fell off, flipping backwards and landing HARD on her head and face. Her mouth was bleeding and her head hurt a lot and it was clear to me that she had hit very hard and was in a lot of pain. So we cleaned her up, got her some pain meds, stopped the bleeding and determined that there was nothing broken. After a while she was OK ... still a little shaken and wanting Mommy, but she didn't have any major pains or broken bones.

The rest of the day went as planned ... the girls off having fun at Grandma and Grandpa's. Me doing my errands and Dr appt. And since I've been home this afternoon with no kids and no hubby (he's at work) I have had some time to scrapbook! YAY! I am on a mission to get caught up!

And that's about all ... nothing too exciting for today... tomorrow we are going to see Kenny Chesney!!!! I cannot wait!!! The girls will be home soon, and after they are in bed I plan to continue with my scrapbook mission. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

kbmama said...

Yikes, you scared me!!! I thought for sure you were going to say you got a call from Robin and Haley had a broken bone or worse! I'm glad everything turned out well.
Remind me to update you on my search for a playscape.

Anne said...

Ah, the screams of children...isn't it just amazing how we can tell the difference. Reminded me of when Joseph fell off the radiator and sliced his hand open on the blinds...off to the hospital (8 months pregnant)...but God is always there blessing us...I was pregnant instead of having to take a toddler and a newborn to emerg!