Friday, January 21, 2011

Valentine Craftin'

My house was sooo ready to move on from winter decor ... so I've been checking out some cool crafty Valentine ideas online lately and decided it was time to jump in on the fun.

I used all items that I already had to make 2 really cute Valentine frames.

This is what I started with - cute, yes - but the photos are old and I liked the long frame so I decided to re-purpose it ...

First, I wrapped some burlap around the poster board that came with the frame. I used hot glue to hold the burlap in place ...
Then I popped the burlap covered poster board back into the frame ...

I had these glittered hearts that I bought last year AFTER Valentine's day for about 75 cents ... I decided to use one of the small ones for the 'O' in LOVE.

Then I cut out the l, v, and e by drawing the letters on white paper, then flipping them over and tracing them on the wrong side of some cute scrapbook paper I had ...

After the letters were cut out I backed them with some white cardstock to give it a little more pop ...
And added some glittery jewels with hot glue ...
Then I used hot glue {again} to attached the letters and the heart in place on top of the burlap! I "love" the finished result!

Next project! I used another frame I already had and some more scrapbook paper ... I glued the paper onto the back of the frame ...

This is a close up of the paper...
OK - I skipped a couple steps when I was taking photos, but then I layered the glittery heart over another piece of white cardstock - then added a cute tag that says 'Because you love me' and voila!

And those, my friends, are my two crafty Valentine projects! As soon as I get my house in order and finish decorating I will show you where I decided to display them in my home.
Have a great weekend friends!!

I'm linking this post to the Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatortots and Jello ... go check it out!

No comments: