OK friends, one of my new things I'm trying to do is be more on the ball and intentional with my menu planning. I feel that we spend less and eat healthier when I plan ahead and have necessary items on hand. Since I was successful with this last week I figured I'd try again this week. My family and I all sat together at dinner on Saturday night and made a plan for the whole week. I love that we ALL contributed to it!
Here we go!
Monday
BF - Muffins/yogurt
SN - 100 calorie pks/applesauce
LU - Deli sandwiches
SN - granola bars
DIN - Chicken Chimichangas
SN - pudding
Tuesday
BF - cereal/yogurt
SN - bananas & PB
{the girls spend Tues afternoons with Grandma and Grandpa and my hubs is at work - so I'm on my own for meals that day}.
LU - @Grandma's
SN - @Grandma's
DIN - @Grandma's
SN - @Grandma's
Wednesday
BF - Baked Oatmeal
SN - apple & cheesestick
LU - Ravioli
SN - smoothies
DIN - Sandwiches {Awana night so it has to be simple}
SN - apple crumble
Thursday
BF - Eggs/toast
SN - canned fruit/ fig newtons
LU - Soup
SN - bananas/PB
DIN - Crock pot whole chicken {cooks while we're at basketball and ready when we get home}
SN - jello
Friday
BF - cereal/yogurt
SN - crackers and cheese
LU - deli sandwiches
SN - smoothies
{family movie night}
DIN - homemade pizzas
SN - sherbert
Saturday
BF - waffles
SN - yogurt
LU - leftovers
SN - **treat**
DIN - turkey burgers and fries
SN - Prob won't have one since we eat dinner kinda late on Saturdays ...
I'm sure we will add in some side dishes and veggies to most of these days - but at least we have a pretty good idea of how things will go. Last week I wrote **treat** on Saturday afternoon and the girls were begging ALL WEEK to know what the surprise treat would be ... they were very excited when I pulled out brownies from the freezer and we had them with an American Girl tea party on Saturday afternoon!! {more on that later!}
1 comment:
wow, i am SUPER impressed at how detailed you are! do you have a recipe for the baked oatmeal? i'd love it if you do. also, have you ever tried steel cut oats? i got them recently from s&s and they're delicious! they're super chewy (which i like), although the downer is that they have to cook for a while.
Post a Comment