Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Menu Plan {and other stuff}

Hey friends! Sorry for the lack of posts this week. It's been a busy week and we've had a lot going on. I have a few random things to share but I'll do the menu plan first ... so if you're not interested in the menu just skip to the bottom!

Mon - since it was a holiday we spent the day with Bob's family so we could celebrate Christmas together. So we didn't get the menu written until Monday night and then groceries bought today ...

Tues.
BF - Cereal & Yogurt
SN - Bananas & PB
LUN - Meatball grinders {using up leftovers from Sun.}
SN - Fig Newtons & Peaches
SUP - Soup & Salad
DES - Pudding

Wed.
BF - Oatmeal & yogurt
SN - Pears
LUN - Deli Sandwiches
SN - none
SUP - early, easy supper before we head out for Awana - Ravioli
DES - Apple crisps

Thur.
BF - Eggs & Toast
SN - Bananas & PB
LUN - Spagettios
SN - Fruit cocktail
SUP - Pork tenderloin {in the crock pot so it will be done when we get home from basketball practice}
DES - Jello

Fri.
BF - Muffins
SN - peaches & cool whip
LUN - @Grandma's
SN - @Grandma's
SUP - Girls @ Grandma's - hubby & I DATE night!

Sat.
BF - waffles
SN - yogurt
LUN - not at home
SN - ?
SUP - Chicken Parm & pasta

Sun.
BF - eggs sandwiches
LUN - at a friend's house
SUP - ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I asked you all to pray for our friends from church awhile ago. At the time the husband, Sean was going through pancreatic cancer. I wanted to share with you that Sean was called home to glory last Tuesday night. Would you join me in continuing to pray for Jen {his wife} and their two precious boys, John & Hunter? I'm so thankful that 'Because HE lives, we can face the tomorrow' and I know that Jen CAN and WILL face tomorrow and WILL get through this with the strength of our Father's hand. But I also know that grief is a terrible thing that can knock you down and crush you under it's weight. I know Jen would appreciate your prayers on her behalf. {The funeral will be this Saturday morning if you'd like to pray on that morning.}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our oldest daughter Hope scored her first basket this Saturday! She is playing basketball through Upward which is a fabulous Christian organization. The first week she got hit in the face by a ball in the first 15 min and since she has braces the ball made her braces cut her lip. She was very much shaken up. But this week went off without a hitch and she was THRILLED to score a basket!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have had a lot of snow this past week. The girls have been loving it and even though it's been freezing cold, they've been out playing in it pretty much every day. I'm so glad they can get outside, the fresh air is so good for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been doing a lot of reading and crafting lately. Trying to make reading a priority as I have so many awesome books and I want to read them all.

Well, I sorta feel like I'm rambling. Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

Mary said...

You know what I love about your menu plan? How easy the meals are. For some reason I thought I needed to follow new recipes or make fancy meals for each meal when I plan. But I can plan to make something like ravioli too! Stuff like that is what I think of as default meals when I don't want to cook and then I get hard on myself. You just encouraged me with your menu. Thanks!!! (I hate cooking btw and love me a bowl of Zoodles and the like! hehe)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Sounds like you've got a lot going on right now. I'm so sorry about your friend. Will be praying for his wife and children. I just can't even imagine how hard that would be.
Congrats to Hope on her basket!! :) How exciting for her!
And I have to say I'm impressed that you even plan out your snacks. That would probably be a wise thing for me to start doing....one of these days:)