Monday, January 3, 2011

The first week

It’s the first week in a new year. I’ve been menu planning, re-organizing most areas of my life and home, and helping the girls ease back into a regular routine.

Funny how it all happens at once!

I just finished reading ‘The Thorn’ by Beverly Lewis, and began reading ‘The Heart Mender’ by Andy Andrews. I’m also working my way through ‘Kaleidoscope’ by Patsy Clairmont which takes a look at several Proverbs. Reading it this morning brought me to the verse ‘He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit.’ Proverbs 17:27. Talk about fitting perfectly into my study of WORDS and TIME! I love it when God does that! So that is the verse on my mirror this week.

I have a feeling that as we try to get back into school routines after such a long break – there will be many moments where my patience will be tested and I will feel resistance from the girls. I pray that this verse will encourage me to remain calm in spirit and just carry on.

This week also brings us back to Awana, basketball practice, dance and Hope’s first basketball game. Oh and of course our MOMS get together will be this Friday morning too. So it’s going to be a busy one but I’m very thankful for the back-to-routine time. It was a great December and I know we can make it a great January too.

A friend wrote about things she planned to do to keep away the winter blues – I like that. I need to purposefully PLAN for FUN things that will help keep those winter blues at bay. Today we took a walk in the woods – it was very cold out – but so worth it to get out and move our bodies a little. So here’s to purposeful planning and a great week ahead! 

~~Kathy~~

1 comment:

Amy said...

I agree. My kids aren't school age yet, so when I fail to plan, we all get in a bad mood, snap at each other and then I'm disappointed in our interactions when it was in my control to make the experience different. GL as we go through this cold, hard time between New Year's and Spring. I'll be waiting for the sun and flowers with a happy heart!