but today I would NOT have chosen this one for anything.
It snowed A LOT {again} last night and I LOVE taking pictures of the beautiful snow, especially first thing in the morning before it's been walked on and gotten messy. So when I got up I grabbed my camera and proceeded to get ready to take the dogs out. Our puppy is very hyper when she first gets up in the morning, I mean it makes sense, she's been in a crate all night and is ready to stretch her legs and RUN!
So as I'm trying to open the basement door, with camera in hand and hyper puppy + older dog next to me -- she jumps up on me which knocks the camera out of my hand and it crashes to the floor.
I get downstairs to let the dogs out and turn it on and yep, it's broken. Really broken.
I cried. I mean really cried.
Now before anyone thinks I am obsessed with my 'things' you need to know that there is hardly anything in my house that I am really attached to. I mean, aside from my family of course! But if my house ever had a fire the only things I would wish to grab {if I could} would be my scrapbook albums, my camera and our computer. These are my links to all the memories we have made over the years. Pictures remind us of good times and bad. Pictures show me how much my precious girls have grown. Pictures are really my only worldly 'possession' that I care very deeply about. And not having a camera to capture these things just breaks my heart.
The other reason I'm so upset is that I waited for YEARS to have a good camera. We are not a family who has a lot of extra spending money and buying a $400 camera is something that took a LONG time to happen. Now I've had it for less than 2 years and it's broken. I'm not even sure if it's fixable or not and if it is I'm sure it will be costly.
So that is why I'm crying today. Call me silly. Tell me to get over it if you wish. But I'm very, very sad and not taking it too well. And that's just how I feel.
6 comments:
:( So sorry friend! I thought my camera was broken for our honeymoon, and we had to use *disposables*, only to find out months later when we took it to best buy that it wasn't broken at all. Take heart, and hopefully someone will be able to fix it!
So Sorry Kathy!!!!! I would cry too.....a lot! I thought I lost mine in the snow yesterday, thankfully it had slid out of my coat pocket in the car and not the snow.
We bought my camera last year ($400 too) and to me that's a lot, so I completely get it!
Your not crazy for caring so much about it...it records your family's life. It may be worth checking out to have repaired, cheaper then a new camera I'm sure.
Send a prayer your way!
Bonnie
Wish I could be there to give ya a big hug... or take you out for coffee... or something! I've been praying for you.
Oh, I'm so sorry. I would be crying, too, if something happened to my camera. I carry that thing everywhere with me. I really hope you can get it fixed!
And yet another thing we have in common: Right after my kiddos I would definitely be grabbing my photo albums and all photo cds in case of a fire:)
I would feel the same way. When our computer needed to be fixed, I did cry a little too. I was worried that I would lose the last few months of pictures which includes Hannah's birth, her first Christmas, everything! They were able to be saved though! Hopefully your camera will be too.
Kathy...sorry about your camera but instead of grabbing the computer if there is a fire it would be easier to grab an external hard drive. Get yourself one. They're different sizes and you just make sure to backup videos and pics to it religiously at least once a month. The drive shows up on your computer as a drive so you just have to click and drag.
Post a Comment