Monday, January 24, 2011

1,000 Gifts {284-316}

I missed doing my 1,000 gifts post last week, but since I printed out the pages from Ann's blog I have been recording them on paper every day. So I'll just back up a little and do 2 weeks worth here today. Sorry, no pictures today - it's been a busy week.

- the snowiest January we've ever had since I've lived in CT

- sledding at the golf course with my family

- my amazing husband who loves to cook, helps with running errands, plays with his daughters, etc. I can never express how thankful I am for him.

- getting some 'Mommy' time to sew and watch a girly chick flick

- fantastic winter walk in the woods with Bob and the puppy - it's beautiful to take a hike in a winter wonderland!

- another HUGE snowstorm - we're kinda getting used to this!

- fun playing out in the snow with the girls, tromping through DEEP snow, building snow forts, making snow angels and snowballs

- a nice, warm home to feel safe and secure in - the outdoors are great, but once I come in I want to feel warm and secure and I'm so thankful that we are blessed with a wonderful home.

- crafting

- an afternoon at our friend's house where the kids played in the snow for hours and the Mommies got to scrapbook and chat

- hot chicken sandwiches

- getting home safe when the roads are slippery

- a nice clean house

- seeing my brother, sis in law and niece to celebrate Christmas - sometimes our visits are too far between but it's nice to catch up again in person

- Sunday mornings - need I say more? It's my favorite day of the week!

- our church family

- worship time

- a great Sunday school meeting where a lot was accomplished

- a fun Christmas celebration with Bob's brothers and their families

- getting to see his brother {and family}'s new home

- coffee and chat with an old friend who I haven't had a chance to catch up with for a long time

- playing wii just dance with my girls {and suffering with sore calves ever since!}

- getting a good workout on the elliptical machine

- 'The Heart Mender' by Andy Andrews - what an amazing book, I just can't stop thinking about it and how much I loved it!

- seeing how much the girls have learned and grown since we began homeschooling

- the great basement clean up and how good it feels to have some organization again!

- attending a memorial service for a great man of faith - the example he gave will leave a lasting impression on me for a long time

- the gospel message presented by several people at the memorial - not pastors - but regular people who knew Sean as a friend and who were led to the Lord by him - when I think of how amazing that is it just makes my heart break that we have lost such an amazing ambassador for Christ

- Hope scoring 2 baskets at her basketball game - she is loving it and doing so well!

- having great friends who I can trust to watch my kids for me - and knowing that my kids will have so much fun there that they won't miss me one bit

- a LAZY Sunday afternoon

- Hope's braces. They have brought her a fair amount of pain this past week - one day to the point that she was just sobbing in pain. But her teeth literally moved overnight and are already looking fantastic. I'm thankful that even though we sometimes have to endure pain that is when the real work happens.

- it's been absolutely freezing here lately so I can't say enough times how thankful I am for a warm home, heat, comfortable furniture and beds, lots of warm blankets, layers of clothes, warm coats/hats/mitts for when we go out, etc... Many are not so blessed and I don't take for granted how blessed we are.

{1,000 Gifts #284-316}

Would you like to become part of this gratitude community? Check out Ann's blog {and BOOK!} and begin counting the many, many gifts that come in the everyday moments. You don't even have to have a blog to do this. Just start a list on a piece of paper and purpose to find things to be grateful for every day. I promise once you get started you will see multiple things every single day that will make you grateful.

No comments: