Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rakin', Bakin' and Shakin'

We've been busy around here ... come take a look!

We did a BUNCH of rakin' this week - can you see the difference between the area inside the fence and the area outside the fence?
The inside area still has a TON of leaves, but we ran out of time to do them this week.
Oh and see how nice this area looks? Well guess what? It's TOTALLY and COMPLETELY covered in more leaves again! Yep, lots more rakin' in our future!

The area inside the fence is where the doggies run and play ...

This is looking towards the pool and house - kinda depressing to see the pool covered for the next 6-8 months! :(
We've been bakin' a lot too! These are Pumpkin Kiss cookies. The recipe is from my friend Kristi and can be found here. We took them to MOMS on Friday and they got rave revues - they were moist and delish!
I also tried a new recipe for dinner on Thursday night. You take chicken breast or boneless pork chops and dip them in egg, then coat with crunched up French's Fried Onions. Then bake at 400 deg for 20-30 min. I did boneless pork chops and used a baking stone and mine took about 28 min. The pork came out so juicy and yummy! We loved it!
On Friday we made cookies for Hope to bring to soccer on Saturday, and since hubby wasn't fond of the pumpkin flavored ones we decided to make his favorite. It's really very simple - you follow the choc chip cookie recipe on the back of the TollHouse bag, then I add about a cup of dry oats to the mixture. They turn out soft and yummy every time!
We enjoyed a bunch of them on Friday night when we had Family Movie night and watched Toy Story 3 together ... which I *may or may not have* cried at the end!
Today was Hope's last day of soccer for this season. They had a tournament and they played 3 games {with 1 hr and 15 min breaks between each game! Yes it was a LONG day!}
I have to say, we were SO blessed by the team she ended up on this year. She knew a couple of the kids already {one is one of her BFF's}, and the rest of the team was made up of really great kids from really great families. We also had a great husband and wife coaching team and they did a wonderful job with the kids. There were several other coaches who chose to yell and scream at their kids and were all about winning at all costs - but our coaches were quiet and calm and coached only with encouraging words and not negativity. Ironically we ended up being one of the best teams in the league and won all but one of our regular games and also 2 out of the 3 tourny games. It just goes to show that all the yelling and competitive craziness doesn't always produce the best team! The kids worked so well together, encouraged one another and passed the ball often. It wasn't at all about who was getting the glory. I hope and pray that we get another great team like this next year!

Here is Hope with her trophy!
And here are the 5 girls from our team - they were all such good friends by the end of the season and I know they will keep in touch and remain friends.
Oh and the shakin' thing .... Joy had her dance class today too. She is taking beginner Jazz/Hip Hop and is loving it! She is having a lot of fun with it and I'm so happy that she has found something that she really enjoys!

2 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I have to say, I'm jealous of those leaves:) Crazy, I know. But we used to have a house with a great years and tons of trees and we loved it so much. Now our yard has zero leaves because we have zero trees. Kind of sad:( Next house: tons of trees!! lol

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I never would have thought to add oats! Clever.