Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fabric Flowers

I have a new addiction. Making fabric flowers! I have been eyeing some beauties from The Pleated Poppy for MONTHS now and then saw a tutorial on House of Smith's recently ... so I decided to give it a try. I have lots of spare fabric hanging around and lots of glue sticks for my glue gun so these were basically free to make!

First I tried this twisted rosette technique ...
Then I made a bunch of these - I love how they turned out!




I have some great ideas that I want to try and also want to find some cool new fabrics. I tried doing some as pins that you could put on a hat, purse, your shirt or a scarf. And I also attached a couple to a couple headbands to be worn in your hair and they looked super cute! I wore some at Women of Faith last weekend and got a lot of compliments!
Stay tuned as I'm sure I'll have more to share in the near future!

4 comments:

HopiQ said...

I've been making flowers, too!!! It is very, very fun. I always get compliments, and I like to give them as gifts. There are so many options and styles. Love the ones you've made!

Lynn said...

Very cute! If you put two small holes in the back and feed a bobby pin through, they make really cute hair clips - the girls would love them!

Cass said...

Hey, good job!'

Anonymous said...

Nice job....the came out so cute! I've been having fun making flowers too!