Wednesday, November 3, 2010

rAnDoM!

We had a fun and fabulous Halloween weekend here. And now we're back to hitting the books. I plan to take some time off for Thanksgiving so we're trying to work full speed ahead between now and then.


I have so many photos and events and things to update on so this will be a crazy, random post that is all over the board! Also, I'm relieving myself of my guilt over not keeping up with my Wellspring Academy weekly posts. Yes I will continue to update you on what we're doing in our homeschool - but I'm taking the pressure off myself to get it posted every week. So from now on I will share some of those posts on a random basis. There. I feel better already. =)


Now, on to our super fun weekend ... On Thursday we were babysitting little R and it was a simply gorgeous day out - the girls and I had lots of fun playing in the leaves and being outdoors. Our yard gets A TON of leaves because we have lots of big maple and oak trees.


{oh, totally random photo of my little cutie ... 'please may I have a treat Mommy?!'}
The girls are pretty smart ... they use the 4 wheeler and then sit on the handle of the wagon so they can pull people behind them! It's pretty funny.
Cute little R in the leaves ...
Joy and I ...
Hope in the leaves ...
On Thursday night we visited the Jack-O-Lantern castle that I posted about last week.
On Friday after school work we carved our pumpkins ...


Then we went to visit my Mom where she works - they allowed the employee's families to come in and trick or treat. My Mom loved having her granddaughters come to her work and introducing them to everyone. The girls had a bag full of candy that night and it wasn't even Halloween yet!
On our way home from there we stopped at a candy hunt and costume contest where my youngest daughter was one of the winners for her DONUT costume! She won the new Taylor Swift CD which was sooooo exciting for the 3 of us TS fans!
On Saturday we ran here, there, and everywhere - to soccer, dance, a couple errands, and my oldest got to attend a 'Mystery trip' through our Awana program - it ended up being a trip to the Corn Maze so she had a fabulous time!
While she was doing that my youngest and I had fun going to AC Moore where they had a Halloween event going on which included some crafts and goodies and another costume contest. {She did not win that time.} Then we stopped for a special treat at Starbucks where I tried their Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa for the first time and fell in love!
Later that night we lit up our pumpkins because we knew we wouldn't be home on the night of Halloween.
On Sunday afternoon/evening we went to our friend's house for a fun Halloween party and trick or treating. It was soooo much fun! I love that many of the adults dressed up too and have just as much fun as the kids.
My hubby could NOT figure out what to do so after church we stopped at Walmart and found this great Donald Trump wig - it was so funny! He looked great and all the kids kept saying 'wow Mr. Bob, you look different with hair!'
Here we are - The Donald and the 70's Diva ...
Here is my donut girl. She came up with the idea herself, then we found a picture online and we made the costume for under 10 bucks!
And here is my GYPSY girl - we found the white top and skirt at Goodwill and bought the fabric for 4 bucks - so again the whole thing was less than 10!
My daughter and 3 of her friends were all gypsies!
Hope and I ...
After we got home that night Bob was goofing around and I took this silly pic of him! Glad to be married to someone with a good sense of humor!!
This week we are starting to think about and plan Thanksgiving. I am hoping to make my first ever batch of homemade laundry detergent and we have our November MOMS meeting this Friday.

And I don't think I've mentioned this here before but today I finally mailed in my registration for my first 5k! Yes, I'm a crazy woman and NO, I'm not a 'runner' ... but I have more to say about all that at a later time. The 5k will take place on Thanksgiving morning and in a weird way I'm actually getting excited for it!

Lastly ... y'all are too nice, no one even corrected me on spelling 'frugal' wrong in my last post ... I figured it out a couple days later and was laughing at my silly mistake! It's always good to be able to laugh at oneself!
Have a great day friends!!

1 comment:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Still SO proud of you for running the 5K! Totally impressive.