Last weekend I had the privilege of attending a Women of Faith conference in Hartford, CT. It was AMAZING! There were about 50 women from our church that went but specifically I went with two of my best friends and all of our Moms.
The theme of the conference this year was Over the Top ...

This is Patsy Clairmont, one of the most funny and captivating speakers I have ever heard! This tiny little lady has more spunk that you could ever imagine! She spoke twice on Friday and once on Saturday and I just loved hearing her. I bought her new book called Kaleidoscope which is a refreshing look at the book of Proverbs.


We stayed in downtown Hartford and had this gorgeous view of Bushnell Park and the capitol right outside our hotel window!

I also got to hear Lisa Welchel {who I super duper ADORE!}. It was so cool to actually see her in person and hear her speak after I've been reading her books and singing her praises for several years now. She looks just as young and beautiful as she did when she played Blair on The Facts of Life MANY years ago!


And we were blessed to hear a couple performances by the amazing Sandi Patty! WOW, her voice is incredible!

We also got to hear a fun concert by Mandisa - she was SO good and so much fun! I have never really heard much of her music but loved it and bought a CD. She also spoke a little about her struggles with weight and self image and it was a great message. She is simply gorgeous and so full of life. Whenever ANYONE was singing, including the Worship Team, she would be standing off to the side of the stage just dancing like crazy!

Sandi Patty and Mandisa also did a duet that was awesome, two powerhouse voices together lifting praise to God - it gave you goosebumps!


What a blessing to share this time with my friends! We laughed, we cried, we had such a great time together!

There were several other speakers and they were all fabulous. I think my favorite was hearing from Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife Mary Beth Chapman as they shared about the loss of their daughter in a tragic accident two years ago. He also sang and I LOVE his music. I think I pretty much cried for about an hour straight during his singing and his wife's speaking! LOL
I have to add a song of his at the bottom, it's one of my faves and makes me cry every time. But it's so important for us Moms to realize that what we do matters SO much more than we could ever dream or imagine. I think that was one of the biggest messages that I came away from this conference with. That what we do MATTERS. Everything we do and say will have lasting effects in those around us. Which is why it's so important to make what you do count for eternity.
We also heard Anita Renfroe who is the genius behind The Mom song - which I will also post below. She has SO many funny videos on you tube, go check them out, I promise you will enjoy having a good laugh! One of my faves is 'All the Wrinkled Ladies' a spoof off of Beyonce's All the Single Ladies. SOOOOO funny!
There were so many other great things that I took away from this conference. So many things that spoke directly to my heart as areas in my life that I need to work on. It was both convicting and encouraging at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment