Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday

Hey bloggy friends ... sorry I've been such a blog slacker lately. Do you ever go through those seasons when you feel like you're barely keeping your head above water? Well we seem to be in the midst of one of those right now. I mean, it's not like anything earth shattering is happening, but we're just BUSY! Busy with school work, keeping up with the house, yard work, church stuff, kid's activities, planning for the holidays, and trying to find time to train for the 5k {that is just over a week away! eeeekkk!!}

Needless to say, when life is busy here ... the blog falls to the wayside. :(

Today I have some random things to share with you ... the first being - check out this adorable mini globe! The girls and I found it at the ChristmasTree Shop a few weeks ago and thought it would look so cute in our school room. I love the black {instead of blue} oceans!

This month we're also working on a Thankful tree. I painted a large tree on some white butcher paper and taped it to the back of my front door. Then we bought some leaf and pumpkin cutouts at my local education store and we leave them sitting on the kitchen table. Each day we can write down things we're thankful for and tape them to the tree! This pic was taken a couple weeks ago and it's A LOT more full of leaves now! I'll add a new pic soon!

I've had the itch to craft and create lately but sadly, as I mentioned above, I've been very short on time! This was a quicky project that I've been needing to do for a while now. We have this large storage closet under the stairs in our finished basement. It's a great space for storing things out of the way. We HAD some closet doors on it, but they were cheap quality and after a few years {and kids yanking on them} they were breaking and not working well. So we took them down and decided that an inexpensive fix would be to hang curtains. I got 4 yards of fabric at my favorite little local shop {everything is $1.99 a yard!} and sewed some quick curtains. I love how they look ...

{before}
{before}
{after}
{after}

It looks sooooo much better now!
What else have I been up to? Well, my Mom and I are co-hosting Thanksgiving this year so we've been purchasing and planning for that. We expect about 22 people for dinner and I'm really looking forward to it!
I'm also still working towards the 5k goal. It's been getting harder and harder to get out and run, the weather is colder lately and my schedule is so busy. But I'm still trying to get out and do it 3 days per week.
I bit off more than I could chew yesterday. My laundry room has been disgusting lately and I knew I needed to clean it. But if you know me, you know I can never just clean something and be done. I suddenly found myself PAINTING the walls, moving appliances, re-organizing the space and creating for myself a MUCH bigger job than what I'd originally set out to do! Why do I do this to myself???!!!
And to top it all off, I was tipping up the washer and dryer so that my daughter could help me sweep under them and the HOSE for the washer POPPED off sending gushing water spraying everywhere! Even on my freshly painted wall! ugggghhhh! I actually had to laugh, because otherwise I might have cried! I figured out how to turn the gushing water off, cleaned up my mess and realized that the hose didn't simply pop off, it was rotted so it had broken! double UGHH!
Thankfully, hubby came to my rescue when he brought home a new hose after work last night so today I will need to work on finished my project. Again ... why do I do this to myself? Oh yeah, a prettier, cleaner laundry room in the end is the goal!


Oh and one last thing ... I just found this blog today and it has me drooling ... and yes makes me want to craft and create all the more! OK, I have to start clearing my schedule more often so I can be crafty and creative more!
Have a great Wednesday friends!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so know how you feel when it comes to starting a simple clean up and it turning into a total re-do. And, ugg on the hose thing; I'd want to cry but laughing is always better, plus you now have a great story to tell!

Have a great day and love the curtains you made for the closet.

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Have you seen her pantry?! I want to live in it!