Last week we had a fantastic week of school! Mondays are usually my hubby's day off so we try to get school work done in the morning so that we can go on field trips {with him} in the afternoon.
Last Monday we went to a local nature center and it was awesome, we will definitely be going back there again! We walked through the nature center, went through the butterfly house, then walked and hiked the wooded trails for over an hour. It was a cool, crisp, fall day - perfect for hiking!




At the end we checked out the very cool owls and hawks they had - they were gorgeous creatures!

Isn't the beauty of God's creation just breathtaking?!

After leaving the nature center we stopped at a favorite fall place - a local cider mill that has THE BEST apple cider EVER! It's a yearly tradition to go there and we were all happy to enjoy some cool apple cider after our long hike.


This week we have been studying the Inuits of the Arctic in our history lessons. Here the girls were checking out the globe to see exactly where the Inuits were from.

My father in law came over and painted the words I had wanted on our library buckets - don't they look awesome??!!

In Geography we're learning about maps and the parts of a map.

It's always good to greet your work with smiles ...

AND in science we started putting together our model of the solar system. This week we're learning about the sun so we got a large foam sphere and painted it to look like the sun. We will be hanging the whole solar system in our school room. The girls had SO much fun painting the sun!

After the yellow paint we used orange paint and sponged it on ...

And since we had the paint stuff out already and since I wanted to do a fall-ish craft with the girls ... we found some plain, scented pinecones that I had laying around and we painted them fall colors - they came out SUPER cute!
On Thursday we met with my friend who is going to teach the girls music class. It was great to get some things decided and have a plan. They will be beginning that in a couple of weeks.
All in all it was a great week.
3 comments:
Does the cider place start with a "C" or an "H?" I have heard good things about both!
What an awesome week! I wish our weather would cool down so we could do more outdoor activities. I want to, but it's just so HOT.
Your sun looks great!! And so do your pine cones!
And I love your name for your homeschool. I need to get creative and give ours a name, I guess. I see so many cool ones online. Have a great rest-of-the-week!
Looks like you are having a great year!
Owls creep me out...they always look crabby :)
Post a Comment