Friday, September 17, 2010

9 Years!!!

Our oldest daughter, Hope is 9 today. I can hardly believe that 9 years has gone by in the blink of an eye.

These have been some of the most trying and difficult years in my life. I have been tested to my core and discovered some very ugly things about myself and my patience level. But I have also been so deeply rewarded and fulfilled, a feeling like none I have ever felt before.

It's funny because when I look back the tough moments are sort of a blur, but the really amazing moments are the ones that stand out so clearly to me. And that's how I hope it always remains. I hope that the tough times never overshadow my love for my child and my memory that this is all soooooo worth it.

Hope's birth was a very dramatic story and I shared it here on my blog 2 years ago. Here is the link if you'd like to read it.

We have a fun weekend planned ... today we will do 'light' school, then go to the movies in the afternoon. Our family will be here to celebrate this evening. Then tomorrow we're having a friend party at the roller skating rink. I'm sure I'll have lots of pics to share in a couple days.

Have a blessed weekend friends .... and cherish your children, they really DO grow up too fast!

2 comments:

Stacey Pittsinger said...

Happy Birthday to Hope. She's such a blessing.

Jamie said...

I feel your love that you have for your girls you are a great mother and show that throughout your blog.I wish Hope a blessed birthday!!!I also have an award waiting for you over at my blog.
Blessings`