Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hope's birthday weekend

On Friday it was Hope's 9th birthday - she awoke in the morning to streamers covering her door {a family tradition}...

We covered the table with a green tablecloth {her fave color}, the birthday queen crown, and lots of frogs {also her fave}... we also had a large banner across the dining room that say Happy Birthday!!
She requested Chocolate Chip pancakes for breakfast ... and I happened to have a little leftover cake frosting to make some cute smiles on the pancakes ...
That afternoon the girls and I went to see Nanny McPhee - oh my goodness, what a great movie! {I only shed a few tears!} but otherwise it was fantastic! We enjoyed yummy popcorn, soda and candy ...
That evening we had the Grandparents over for birthday dinner - the birthday girl requested meatball grinders which were yummy! Grinders are another name for sub sandwiches for those who don't live in New England! haha!

We had some gifts for Hope, then had angel food cake with pineapple - one of our family faves and seriously the EASIEST cake you will ever make!
We are so grateful for amazing grandparents who are very involved in our daughter's lives .... these are Bob's parents ...
And my Mom ...
Here is the cake I made for her party on Saturday - she wanted a frog cake {of course!} and her two fave colors are bright green and hot pink. So I made a frog and a lily pad with hot pink flowers on it ...
Another angle ...
She had her party at the roller rink - it was so much fun and so easy for me - all I had to bring was the cake and they took care of the rest! Sorry for the lack of roller rink pics - the lighting was terrible and I didn't get any good pictures there!
And that night she picked two friends to sleep over ... they had a blast staying up late and watching movies on Netflix ...
Hope is such a tremendous blessing in our lives - we couldn't imagine our lives without her! We had a really fun weekend celebrating her young life!

1 comment:

Stacey Pittsinger said...

Happy Birthday and wonderful Blessings to Hope! What a cute cake. You're so talented!