Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Work your Wallet Wednesday




Today I'm linking up with a great blog, from a great friend of mine named Jessica. Each week she holds a blog party called Work your Wallet Wednesday in which you share some great bargain you found that week.





This week I was on the hunt for inexpensive fillers for the girls Easter baskets. I did not want ANY candy or ANY stuffed animals. And no little junk either as they already have SO much of that. I wanted cute, quality items that were not too costly ... I'm not asking too much, am I?!

A few things I found were sunglasses, flip flops and sidewalk chalk --- all great things for the spring and summer.

Anyway, my girls love the outdoors and love to catch bugs and frogs. My oldest specifically is in love with ANYTHING frog related right now. Her room is filled with frog stuff!

So I happened to stop in the Rainforest Cafe the other day and was looking for frog items. I did pick up a snowglobe for each daughter {another thing they collect!} ... and was at the check out paying. Then I saw these super cute Bindi the Jungle girl adventure play sets. Little characters with a boat or an animal or a surf board or whatever. They seems like something that would be fun to play with in the bathtub, pool or just outside with a bucket of water.

What stood out to me was the price! $1.25 each! I said something to my Mom who was standing next to me and she said, 'no, they must be 11.25 ...' but then the check out guy said no in fact they WERE a DOLLAR, TWENTY-FIVE!! WOW! I got one for each girl ... I could not believe they were so cheap! I should have bought them all and saved them for b-day gifts but wasn't thinking too clearly at the time!

I had to google them to find an image, because I forgot to take pics of course. And found that on Amazon they go for $8-10 per set. So $1.25 was a great bargain in my mind!
If you've got a great bargain to brag about, go over to Jess's blog to share!




1 comment:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Is that Bindi the daughter of the guy who died recently? The Australian guy? Anyway, that IS an awesome deal - and thanks for linking up! :)