Here is the finished "cake" ...
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
My 2nd Diaper Cake
This was my second time making a diaper cake and I had SO much fun with it! It was for a baby shower for my friend that was this past weekend. The shower was for a baby boy and had a sports theme in brown and blue colors.
Here is the finished "cake" ...
I tied a couple pacifiers on with ribbon ...
And a row of blue pins ...
A cute rubber ducky sits on top!
Here it is in the Mom-to-be's home the day of the shower ...
This time I rolled the diapers, then used either elastics or string to secure them and I like the way they look like that. I used a dowel to add the 'About to Pop' sign for the top - but the dowel serves a double purpose since it goes down between all 3 layers which sort of holds the whole thing together. I would also recommend using a larger size diaper if you do this. I used size 3's ... that way the Mom to be has plenty of time before she needs to worry about taking it apart and using the diapers.
Here is the finished "cake" ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great diaper cake! I have lots of friends having babies over the next month and will definitely borrow this idea.
Alicia
www.kramercottageschool.blogspot.com
Post a Comment