Friday, April 16, 2010

Patio Spaces

Don't you think it's funny when you've been pondering something and at the very same time you SEE something related to the same thing you were pondering?? {do you feel like I'm talking in riddles?!}

Anyway, point is, I've been thinking of ways to make my little patio area a special and welcoming spot - mostly because this is the spot where I like to sit outside and have my quiet time on Spring, Summer and Fall mornings {basically as long as it's not raining or too cold}.

I don't know what it is, but for some reason I would MUCH rather have quiet time outside, then sitting in my living room. I love breathing in the fresh air, hearing the birds chirp, seeing the squirrels scamper around ...

So, I've been thinking of things I can do {low cost of course!} to spruce it up and make it an inviting little spot. Today I came across this post at The Inspired Room and WOW, talk about inspiration! I'm not so sure my spot will turn out quiet so gorgeous, but it's given me some good ideas. Go check it out when you get a chance.

Oh yeah - I have one small issue though - two dogs! So I also have to think how my space can be beautiful but not too tempting for a puppy who might want to chew my flowers!

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for photos of my space as I transform it little by little!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I'm eager to see what you come up with, Kathy. We have the dog issue, as well as the issue of our free-ranging fowl... which makes things really tricky. Inspire me! :-)