Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chocolate Ricotta Shake

First let me start by saying ... don't say ewwwww till you've given it a try first!

Second let me say ... it really does taste just like an ice cream shake! I actually have been craving this every day since I figured out how to make it!

Recipe:
large handful of ice cubes
1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
1 heaping tsp cocoa powder
2 packets aritificial sweetener of choice {truvia, spenda, etc}
Blend well in an electric blender. Pour into a tall glass and top with a couple spoonfuls of low fat cool whip. Serve with a large straw.
I plan to experiment with this a little like trying peanut butter or caramel flavoring ...
Just try it ... you might like it too! =)

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Can you make me one next time I come over? I am willing to try it even though the usual texture of ricotta makes me gag:)

Sandy

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to trying this out - have all the ingredients on my grocery list...just started SB Diet Phase I yesterday...looks like this is Phase I approved! Any other SB recipes you would like to share would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks again,
Christy,
Faithful reader ;)