Monday, April 19, 2010

Today is a BIG day!

{OK, maybe not big by some people's standards, but big for me!}

Today I am committing myself to Phase one of the South Beach diet - which will last me for 2 whole weeks. Two weeks of being totally disciplined with NO cheating. Now I'm not suggesting that this is for everyone, or that in life we should completely deny ourselves of all treats - but for me, I have NEVER been one to follow through on making myself be disciplined AT ANYTHING! I always start strong and fade within a couple days.

So you heard it hear and I expect some of you to keep me accountable and check in on me. On my fridge I've put a note that says, "Don't say you CAN'T ... because you CAN, it's just a matter of do you WANT TO??" {I believe that is a Jillian Micheal's quote.} And under that I wrote, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Phil 4:13"

In other big news ... our homeschool days have become a nightmare {once again!} and we're in desperate need of a shake up {again!}. So today begins a NEW plan and new schedule and we are all very excited about it. I am planning to take pictures of our week as we go along and share them later this week.

So there you have it - a new food plan, a new school plan - maybe I'm crazy for starting both on the same day but only time will tell!

Have a wonderful week friends!

2 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I think cold turkey is honestly the best way to do a lot of things in life (not always, of course). But usually it stops you from talking yourself out of it! :) You CAN do this - I did it before my wedding. Good for you for shakin' things up! :)

Anonymous said...

How is it going on SB P1?