I just had to share with you this brilliant post from one of my new fave homeschool blogs, 'Confessions of a Homeschooler'. I highly recommend you take a minute to go check it out. If you're anything like me ... well actually pretty much every Mom in the world could relate to this - your kids love to interrupt you at the most inconvenient times.
I personally am a Mom who hardly ever talks on the phone. Ever since my girls were little it's something I just began to do less and less. Why? Mostly because pretty much every time I'd pick up the phone it was like someone hit the crazy button and someone would either be screaming, crying, fighting, or just vying for my attention. I got to the point where I simply relied on email more and more because I could complete an email with kids screaming in the background, but could not complete a phone call.
I began training my girls to wait for my attention when they needed it. Even now, if they come into a room and see I'm on the phone I hold one hand up to them to signal to them that I'm busy and they need to wait.
This Mom, at Confessions of a Homeschooler has an even better system to train her children to wait for her attention. As a homeschooler with 4 littles I think this is brilliant - how smart of her to find a way to teach them patience when she might be busy attending to a different child.
So take a minute and go read it ... you will find she is a great Mom who has great organization and great ideas!
1 comment:
What a great tease! On my way there. :-)
Post a Comment