Monday, April 12, 2010

1,000 Gifts {150-183}

holy experience


{sorry for the lack of 1000 gifts posts lately!} I don't know about you - but when life gets busy I fail to take notice of all I have to be thankful for. It's not something I'm proud of, in fact I despise the fact that I let busy-ness get in the way of thankfulness ... so today I'm catching up. I've made a conscious effort over the past week to keep a small notepad going with an ongoing list of thankful things.

150. the smell of the first fresh cut grass of the year

151. warm, sunny days to enjoy our deck after a long, cold winter

152. resurrection rolls

153. Easter morning worship

154. cheerful daffodils on the Easter dinner table

155. delicious ham {that I got for FREE - bonus!}

156. having an amazing hubby, who's an amazing cook

157. pulling bikes, frisbees and bubbles out of hibernation

158. enjoying visiting a park that sits right next to the ocean - seeing the gorgeous water and feeling the cool ocean breezes

159. thinking about the long summer days when we'll get to enjoy said ocean

160. playing ball with the dogs in the bright green spring grass

161. snuggly puppy lovin'


162. Island Coconut coffee - my new fave!

163. great conversations with brother in law and sister in law while they were here visiting from out of state

164. cousins playing happily together - it makes no difference that we have girls and they have boys - they always have so much fun together regardless of gender

165. Good Friday - great lunch, great friends, great weather - it should be called Great Friday

166. the blessing of a wonderful neighbor

167. an unusually HOT {90 deg!} spring day to play 'hooky' and take a spontaneous trip to the zoo

168. having my car washed by two exuberant little girls who love to play with sponges, buckets of water and the garden hose


169. a dry basement when much of the state was flooded and many people were not as fortunate

170. a puppy who {finally!} sleeps all night

171. bare feet and flip flops - feels like my feet can breathe again after being cramped up in sneakers and boots all winter

172. chalk drawings on the driveway

173. children sleeping SO well at night because of all the wonderful fresh air their getting each day

174. Sundays {need I say more?}

175. new bike for a growing girl


176. the girls having fun riding bikes with a friend on a beautiful Sunday afternoon


177. dinner out at a favorite restaurant

178. trees blooming in beautiful pinks and whites

179. babysitting the most precious little bundle of energy
180. a bone for you and a bone for me means NO fighting over the same bone!


181. celebrating the new baby that is on the way for one of my long time friends at a fun sports themed shower


182. little girls having so much fun together


183. bare feet, swing, good book, sunshine = perfect afternoon


I feel like it would be nice to have a chalkboard wall ... a place to keep an ongoing thankful list. Perhaps I'll have to look into that!
Have a great week friends!

1 comment:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

a chalkboard wall is an awesome idea. creative yet also a huge testament to God's faithfulness to your family. i say do it! :)